Park Center believes that adults with mental illness can live, work and thrive in the community. Through a variety of program components, Park Center offers a place where people can work on their own recovery.
Park Center offers:
- Pre-Vocational Employment Program for adults (ages 18-up) with mental illness
- Pre-Vocational Employment Program for adults with co-occurring disorders of mental illness and substance abuse
- Program for adults with mental illness and co-occurring disorders providing assistance with daily living skills and tools needed to work on recovery and reintegration into their communities
What is Psychiatric Rehabilitation?
Park Center provides a comprehensive and dynamic program of recovery for people with severe and persistent mental illness. In contrast to traditional day treatment models, Park Center participants are called “members”, not patients or clients, because they elect to attend and work toward their own recovery. Park Center believes in responding to its members’ strengths and abilities, rather than their illness, and providing a supportive atmosphere for members as they follow this path of recovery.
We believe that adults with mental illness can live and work in the community given the necessary tools and support from peers and staff.
Work is a rehabilitative force in an individual’s life, and to that end, members and staff work side by side to accomplish those things necessary to keep the program running—answering phones, giving tours, making copies, preparing lunch, and keeping the building and grounds clean. Additionally, activities, groups and classes are offered which provide community integration and tools for self improvement.
Goals of Psychiatric Rehabilitation for Adults
- To provide members with the education and information they need in order for them to self manage their illness and life
- To assist members to become a full participant in their community
- To increase the member’s quality of life by providing opportunities for each person to realize his/her potential
- To prepare members to be able to go to work or volunteer in the community
- To offer opportunities for peer support
- To increase independence and the building of normal support networks in the community
- To provide opportunities which maximize the strengths of the member
- Park Center believes that education can be a key component to recovery. Members are encouraged to pursue educational goals and we will assist them in linking with schools and colleges to pursue their GED or higher degrees. Park Center offers classes throughout the year that include:
- WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) groups
- Nutrition, Weight Loss and Wellness classes
- Illness Management and Recovery classes
- BRIDGES (Building Recovery of Individual Dreams and Goals through Education and Support) classes
- Peer-run 12-step groups
- Independent Life skills (budgeting, anger management, etc.)
To refer an individual to a Park Center day program, download our referral form and fax to 615-650-8917 or email to email@example.com.
“Membership at Park Center not only provides a place to belong where one is valued and respected, but also a place where one is appreciated.” Diane Roseberry, Psychiatric Rehabilitation Director
This program has been accredited by CARF for Community Integration Services