At Park Center, we believe that work is a healing force in a person's recovery. The Supported Employment program assists individuals in obtaining competitive employment and once employed, supports are offered to both the employee and employer as needed to ensure job retention.
Park Center's Supported Employment program utilizes Dartmouth University's Individual Placement and Support (IPS) method of delivering services, which is the most extensively researched method of its kind, spanning several states and eight countries. Principles of IPS include:
- Staff exclusively engaged in employment services
- Caseload size no greater than 20 individuals
- Complete agency focus on competitive employment
- Rapid and individualized job search
- Zero exclusion: all clients interested in working have access to supported employment services regardless of job readiness factors, substance use, symptoms, history of violent behavior, etc.
Park Center was the first agency in the state of Tennessee to implement the IPS method.
- Person-centered planning and development of employment goals
- Assistance with resume development and completing job applications
- Mock job interviews and support through the actual interview process
- Assistance with job placement
- On-the-job training when necessary
- Continued support for as long as the individual determines
Who is Eligible?
- Adults with a diagnosis of severe and persistent mental illness
- Supported Employment is open to all individuals at Park Center, regardless of which program they attend.
- Supported Employment is also open to referrals for Employment Only services. Although a referral is required, individuals will be opened only in Supported Employment.
How to Apply
A completed referral form is required. To complete the online Referral Form, click here.
This program has been accredited by CARF for Community Employment Services